59 – “Dreams”
Supplemental 002. of Theme Time Radio Hour.
Open with Dylan’s monologue around 5:00.
Talk about dreams
- my dream of drowning in the pier
- my dreams of life when I was 20 / and where I want to go
- ever had a lucid dream? sleep paralysis?
- Dylan and Elvis Costello: “But this does give me a chance to talk about Stephen Foster for a minute. Thanks for calling.”
- Roy Orbison was in The Traveling Willbury’s
- Common dreams: being ill or attacked / dying / car / house or property damage / poor test scores / falling / flying / naked in public / missing boat / machine malfunctions / sex / natural or man-made disasters / being lost / menaced by the dead — — candy colored clowns?